Scroll down for Primary 2023 Information.
Changes to Election Law:
On January 6th, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed House Bill 458 into law. This bill makes changes to several areas of Ohio election law relating to ID requirements, absentee voting, and in-person early voting (click for schedule). Forms and instructions on this website have been updated to reflect these changes.
YOUR VOTER INFORMATION
ABSENTEE BALLOT STATUS
LOOK UP POLLING LOCATION
ELECTION NOTICE FOR USE WITH THE FEDERAL WRITE-IN ABSENTEE BALLOT (46-Day FWAB)
List of Offices on Ballot in 2023 (with filing deadlines)
Candidates for Primary 2023 – CLICK HERE for lookup tool
Issues for Primary/Special 2023
- January 1, 2023 – Applications for Absentee Ballots accepted for Elections taking place in 2023 (separate application required for each election)
- April 3, 2023 – Registration Deadline for May 2, 2023 Election
- April 4, 2023 – Absentee Voting & Early Vote Center Opens for May 2, 2023 Election
- April 25, 2023 - Last day to request a mailed absentee ballot for May 2, 2023 Primary Election
- May 2, 2023 – Election Day
CLICK HERE for Local Candidate and Issue Information
2023 BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE
2023 Wayne County Board of Elections Meeting Dates
VIDEO: PLANNING FOR AN ELECTION
The Ohio Association of Election Officials (OAEO) produced this video to help provide the public with an inside glimpse into the planning of each election. Each county board of elections follows these processes to ensure that a successful election is administered....